It still hasn't hit me that Cody is leaving within the next week, but he is. He is going to place that I never dreamed of him going. Last night he asked me if I think Caleb will forget him. I assured him that no matter what Caleb will always know his dad. Maybe I lied, because I really don't know. I don't know what this next year will bring, I don't know what Caleb will be like in a year, he should remember, but who really knows. I don't know what our daughter will be like. She will be 9 months old when he comes back, the first 9 months of her life she will not know her father. All I can do is pray that she won't be afraid of him, that would be aweful.
The only things I do know for sure about this coming year is that he is going to be gone, and when he comes back I will love him just like I loved him on the day he left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment